Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Bird's Eye View of Sevilla

Recently, some photographers broke records by creating this 111 gigapixel photo of the city, making it the biggest photo in the world.

Click here to see the photo


You can zoom in to tremendous detail. Clicking the small square photos at the bottom will bring you to some points of interest. If you click the one that says "Puente Triana", it will take you towards my neighborhood! Put the picture in fullscreen mode and play around with the photo to get a taste of what Sevilla is like!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    I'm catching up on reading your blog today am I'm truly enjoying all of it. I have been to Granada and La Alhambra 14 years ago. It was such an interesting place and La Alhambra is gorgeous. I love the Moorish architecture. I was traveling from Madrid to Costa del Sol at that time. I know that it's winter there now, but when I visited in the warm wetaher, I was inntrigued by the multitude of sunflower fields that went on for miles and miles---so pretty! You'll probably get to see a bit of springtime before you come home.
    ...Loved the "bird's eye view" of Sevilla. It's easy to get a real good grasp of what the area looks like--love that you posted this!
    Continue to enjoy Spain and all of its varoius cultural aspects---what a great experience for you!

    Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell that La Alhambra must be gorgeous in springtime with all of the flowers! We are already having a taste of spring here in Sevilla -- the temperature has been in the high 60s-mid 70s with lots and lots of sun! Definitely better than East coast weather :) I'm glad that you are enjoying my posts!

    ReplyDelete